While preassembled and painted hives cost more than unassembled hives, we believe the value in our quality of materials and assembly will exceed your expectations and allows you to be a beekeeper rather than having to labor before enjoying your beekeeping activities. Once your colony is established in this two medium hive you will need to add another medium hive body for brood and additional mediums as needed for honey storage.
Our 2 medium hive with wood bound frames and Pierco snap-in plastic foundation consists of
- 1 – Assembled and painted telescoping cover
- 1 – Assembled premium heavy inner cover
- 2 – Assembled and painted medium hive bodies
- 20 – Assembled medium wood bound frames w/ Pierco snap-in waxed plastic foundation
- 1 – Assembled and painted screened bottom board w/ Coroplast closure sheet
- 1 – Wood entrance reducer
Note: You will need to snap the plastic foundation into the frames. Some suppliers install the foundation only to leave the assembled frames with foundation sitting in boxes in warehouses forever. To maintain the freshness of the wax (and that beautiful beeswax smell) we do not install the foundation in advance.