While preassembled and painted hives cost more than unassembled hives, we believe the value in our quality of materials and assembly will exceed your expectations and allows you to be a beekeeper rather than having to labor before enjoying your beekeeping activities.
Many individuals prefer using medium hive bodies for the brood rather than deep hive bodies due to their lighter weight and hence ease of handling. In addition, using all medium hive bodies allows the beekeeper to interchange frames between hive bodies.
Our 5 medium hive with wood bound frames and Pierco wax coated plastic foundation consists of
- 1 – Assembled and painted telescoping cover
- 1 – Assembled standard inner cover
- 5 – Assembled and painted medium hive bodies
- 50 – Wood bound frames with Pierco waxed plastic foundationdouble waxed
- 1 – Assembled and painted screened bottom board w/ Coroplast closure sheet
- 1 – Wood entrance reducer
Note: You will need to snap the plastic foundation into the frames. Some suppliers install the foundation only to leave the assmebled frames with foundation sitting in boxes in warehouses forever. To maintain the freshness of the wax (and that beautiful beeswax smell) we do not install the foundation in advance.