LEARN TO KEEP BEES
4 Part Class That Takes You Through the Beekeeping Season
Ever thought about keeping bees? Like the idea of learning as you go throughout the season? Then this series of classes is right for you! We have divided up the content and set the schedule to provide beginning beekeepers the right information at the right time. Honeybees are livestock and in order to properly care for them there are many things a beekeeper needs to know. Our 24-26 hours of instruction spread over the season and hopefully coupled with the live hive demos which allows us to go into more depth than a typical one- or two-day overview class. Participant will receive an electronic version of the course manuals. We are working on making it possible for you to be able to connect with classmates and facilitators on a closed Facebook group.
Class Dates and Content
• Part 1 – February 4, 2023 approx. 6 hours.
Covers elementary bee biology, an overview of the beekeeper’s year, choosing an apiary location, types of hive equipment, races of honeybees, buying bees and more.
• Part 2 – April 1, 2023, approx. 6 hours.
Covers package and nuc installation, early season care, how to inspect honeybee colonies and what to look for.
• Live at the Hive 1 – To Be Determined in May. Approximately 2 hours. The is very weather dependent.
Hands on spring inspection of an active honeybee colony.
• Part 3 – June 3, 2023, approx. 6 hours.
Learn about mid-season care, pest and disease management, honey production and more.
• Live at the Hive 2 – To Be Determined in July. Approximately 2 hours. This is very weather dependent.
Hands on mid-season inspection of an active honeybee colony.
• Part 4 – August 5, 2023, approx. 6 hours.
Learn about fall and early winter care, methods for improving overwintering success, winter inspections and what to look for.
• Live at the Hive 3 – To Be Determined in September. Approximately 2 hours. This is very weather dependent.
Hands on late season inspection of an active honeybee colony.
Class Time: 9 am – 4:30 pm
Class Location: Capital Bee Supply, 200 Commercial Drive, Columbus WI
Cost: $185.00. There are no refunds. Get a 15% coupon for purchases on equipment and supplies.
To Register: You must register to attend this class. You can register Online or by phone 608-444-1493
Any questions contact us at 608 444 1493 or firstname.lastname@example.org